INCAMEI International Chrysalis Art and Music Education, Inc
"School Choice and 100 CHRISTMAS WISHES "
A CHRISTMAS EVENT UNITING FAMILIES, VETERANS AND YOUTH
DECEMBER 8, 2018 SATURDAY 10 AM- 5 PM
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SUITES AIRPORT
1921 YALE BLVD. SE ALB. N.M. 87106
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: NEW MEXICO DEPT. OF VETERANS' SERVICES: CABINET SECRETARY, ARMY BRIGADIER GENERAL JACK R. FOX(RETIRED) (2:15 PM- 3:15 PM)
HONOR GUARD/FLAG FOLDING AND FLAG ETIQUETTE (1:15 PM-2:00 PM)
Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc.
New Mexico Chapter 996
ACTIVITIES INCLUDING: FIRE DEPARTMENT DEMONSTRATION (12 PM-1PM) ORIGINAL BAT MOBILE, BUMBLE BEE (TRANSFORMER CARS), The Barricade, the Villains and Good guys in costume. Take pictures in the cars and with the characters. (10:00 AM-5:00 PM)
ANTIQUE TRACTORS, MR.& MRS. SANTA, PRESENTING PRESENTS TO 100 CHILDREN.(1:30 PM-4:00 PM) IN THE GREAT ROOM
Tito Rodriguez, Chief of Region Three Apache Council of Texas: avid elk and turkey hunter, will be teaching the art of turkey and elk calling to all youth, families and veterans who partake in this adventure. THE ART OF TYING KNOTS, YELLOW scarves for National School Choice BEING HANDED OUT.First come first serve.
HELD EVERY JANUARY, NATIONAL SCHOOL CHOICE WEEK (NSCW) SHINES A SPOTLIGHT ON EFFECTIVE EDUCATION OPTIONS FOR CHILDREN.
National School Choice Week was founded in 2011 to promote the concept of all forms of school choice: district schools, district magnet schools, charter schools, private schools, and home schooling. The week of events is scheduled the last week of January each year. January 20-26, 2019.
IN HONOR OF OUR BOARD MEMBER, NSCW, HAS SPOTLIGHTED OUR EVENT, THIS YEAR.
School choice means giving parents access to the best K-12 education options for their children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, private schools, online academies, and homeschooling.
Our Color/Honor Guard has been performing Military Honors at many functions local, State and National level for approximately the last thirty years. The Color/Honor Guard has been known as the New Mexico Vietnam Veterans, Northern New Mexico Chapter; and now the Vietnam Veterans of America, Northern New Mexico Chapter #996. Our Color Guard/Honor Guard has conducted an average of 50-55 functions annually. The Military Honors which have been completed for the past thirty years are as follows:
- POSTING / PRESENTING / RETIRE THE COLORS: Post or Present and Retire the Colors at the opening and closing of many different ceremonies.
- FUNERAL HONOR GUARDS: Provided Military Honors at funerals for our Brothers in Arms and family that have passed on.
- PARADES: Performed in various parades at many locations with our Colors.
- FLAG FOLDING AND FLAG ETIQUETTE: Provided Flag Folding Ceremonies at many Schools and Senior Citizen Centers throughout the State. This includes the 13 folds of the American Flag and what each fold stands for. The students are provided with information on the Proper Flag Etiquette for the American Flag.
- SENIOR VETERAN PINING AND RECOGNITION: We have a joint working relationship with Amber care HOSPICE, where we are asked to go to the Senior Centers or Senior Veterans residence to perform a Special Pining and recognition of these Veterans. Those ceremonies include:
- Reading out the Special Recognition in a Military fashion for the Senior Veteran.
- Award of a Certificate and pin recognizing their Military Service from Amber care HOSPICE.
- Award of a Vietnam Veterans of America, Northern New Mexico Chapter 996 (VVA-NNM) CHAPTER COIN.
Abq Grill ‘n ‘Que is one of Albuquerque’s newest food trucks, serving up traditional BBQ (‘que), burritos, nachos, and grilled items. If you’re looking for the greens, we also serve fresh veggies sourced from local growers. Our rubs, sauces, and bread & butter pickles are scratch-made, incorporating chile grown in New Mexico. Not only do we serve up great ‘que, we’ll be featuring American and Hispanic cuisine as well.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
318 Isleta Blvd. SW. STE 376
Albuquerque, N.M. 87105